10. Chang, G. (2013). Factors influencing water conservation behavior among urban residents in China's arid areas. Water pollution, 15, 691–704.
11. Corbin, J., & Strauss, A. (2014). Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory (Translated by Buick Mohammadi). Tehran: Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies. (In Farsi).
12. Corral-Verdugo, V., Bechtel, R.B., & Fraijo-Sing, B. (2003). Environmental beliefs and water conservation: An empirical study. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 23, 247–257.
13. Creswell, J. (2010). Mapping the developing landscape of mixed methods research, in Sage Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social & Behavioral Research, Tashakkori, A. and Teddlie, C. (Eds) 2010, Sage, California, pp. 45-68.
14. Creswell, J.W., & Miller, D.L. (2000). Determining Validity in Qualitative Inquiry. Theory into Practice, 39, 124-130.
15. Creswell, W.j. (2007). Qualitative inquiry and research design, sage publications.
16. Dolnicar, S., & Hurlimann, A. (2010). Australians' water conservation behaviors and attitudes. Australian Journal of Water Resources, 14(1), 43-53.
17. Dolnicar, S., Hurlimann, A. & Grün, B. (2012) Water Conservation Behaviour in Australia. Journal of Environmental Management, 105: 44-52.
18. Ebrahimian, S., Nahtani, M., & H., Sadeghi Mazidi. (2014). Investigating the Barriers to Implementing Optimal Water Resources Management in the Iranian Agricultural System for Sustainable Development. First National Conference on Agricultural Water Resources Challenges. 13 February 2014: Islamic Azad University, Khorasgan Branch, Isfahan, pp 1-9. (In Farsi).
19. Eskandari, F., Karimi, F., & Khaledi, K. (2018). Influence of Extension Training Programs on Water Conservation Behavior by Farmers (The Case of Zaloo-ab Farmers in Ravansar). Iran-Water Resources Research, 14(1), 170-183. (In Farsi).
20. Fan, L., Wang, F., Liu, G., Yang, X., & Qin, W. (2014). Public perception of water consumption and its effects on water conservation behavior. Water, 6, 1771–1784.
21. FDEP. (2008). Office of water policy: Water conservation. Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Tallahassee, FL.
22. Fielding, K.S., Russell, S., Spinks, A., & Mankad, A. (2012). Determinants of household water conservation: The role of demographic, infrastructure, behavior, and psychosocial variables. Water Resources Research, 48(10), 1-12.
23. Funke, N., de Wet, B., Murambadoro, M., Nohayi, N., & Jacobs-Mata, I. (2017). A review of drivers of and barriers to water conservation behaviour, and effective instruments for water demand side management – relevance for urban household water use in South Africa. CSIR Report number: CSIR/NRE/WR/IR/2017/0068/A. Council for Scientific and Industrial Research Pretoria, South Africa.
24. Gohari, A., Eslamian, S., Mirchi, A., Abedi-Koupaei, J., Bavani, A.M., & Madani, K. (2013). Water transfer as a solution to water shortage: a fix that can backfire. Journal of Hydrology, 491, 23–39.
25. Goudarzi, S., Shabanali Fami, H., Movahed Mohammadi, H., & Jalalzadeh, M. (2010). Investigating personal and professional factors influencing farmers' perception towards problems of agricultural water management in Karaj County. Agricultural Economics and Development, 23(2), 55-62. (In Farsi).
26. Grant, K., & Hall, K. (2016). Drinking water source water protection plan implementation: Barriers and supports for first nations. A Thesis Submitted to the College of Graduate Studies and Research in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in the Department of Geography and Planning University of Saskatchewan Saskatoon.
27. Graymore, M., Wallis, A., & O’Toole, K. (2010). Understanding drivers and barriers: The key to water use behaviour change. Water Sci. Technol. 10, 679–688.
28. GreenCom. (2001). Environmental Education and Communication (EE&C) for Behavior Change. Environmental Education and Communication (GreenCom) Project. Center for Environment in partnership with the Center for Human Capacity Development of the Bureau for Global Programs Academy for Educational Development. Retrieved from: http://www.usaid.gov/environment/greencom.
29. Hajimirrahimi, S.D., & Mokhber Dezfooli, A. (2017). Factors Affecting on Improvement of Staff’s Agricultural Technical Training in Ministry of Agriculture Jihad. Journal of agricultural education administration research, 41, 110-129. (In Farsi).
30. Hamidi, K., & Yaghoubi, J. (2017). Barriers to Applying Pressurized Irrigation Methods from Viewpoint of Farmers in Zanjan City. 1ST International and 5th National conference on organic vs. Conventional Agriculture. University of Mohaghegh Ardabili. 16-17 August, Ardabil. (In Farsi).
31. Heshmati, Sh., & Almodaresi, S.A. (2015). Modeling the subsidence of the Neyshabour plain by using time series and DINSAR. Geography and Environmental Planning, 26(1), 67-84. (In Farsi).
32. Hill, T., & Symmonds, G. (2011). Sustained water conservation by combining incentives, data and rates to effect consumer behaviour change. In Water and Society; Pepper, D.W., Brebbia, C.A., Eds.; WIT Press: Southhampton, UK, pp. 409–420.
33. Kollmuss, A., & Agyeman, J. (2002). Mind the gap: why do people act environmentally and what are the barriers to pro-environmental behavior? Environmental education research, 8(3), 239-260.
34. Koop, S.H.A., Van Dorssena, A.J., & Brouwer, S. (2019). Enhancing domestic water conservation behaviour: A review of empirical studies on influencing tactics. Journal of Environmental Management, 247, 867–876
35. Lane, H., Krogh, C., & O’Farrell, L. (2007). Identifying social attitudes and barriers to water conservation: A community water survey. Rainwater Urban Des, 20, 583–594.
36. Lefroy, R.D.B., Bechstedt, H.D., and Rais, M. (2006). Indictors for sustainable land management based on farmers surveys in Vietnam: Indonesia and Thailand agriculture. Journal of Ecosystem and Environment, 81(5), 137-146.
37. Loh, M., & Coghlan, P. (2003). Domestic Water Use Study in Perth, Western Australia, 1998–2001; Water Corporation: Perth, Australia.
38. Mahboobi, M.R., Esmailie Aval, M., & Yaghoubi, J. (2011). Impeding and facilitating factors influencing on using new irrigation methods by farmers: Case of West Boshroyeh Township in Southern Khorasan. Journal of Water and Irrigation Management, 1(1), 87-98. (In Farsi).
39. Masoomi, E., Ahmadi, H., & Rezaei-moghaddam, K. (2018). Analysis of Kavar Township Farmers’ Attitudes towards Water Conservation: Application of Maslow's Needs Theory. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 49(1), 135-150. (In Farsi).
40. McKenzie-Mohr, D. (2011). Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community Based Social Marketing. New Society: Gabriola Island, BC, Canada.
41. Mohammadi, Y., Shabanali Fami, H., & Asadi, A. (2011). Identification and Analysis of Agricultural Water Management Problems (AWMP) in Zarrindasht County, Fars Province, Iran. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 41-2(4), 501-512. (In Farsi).
42. Namdar, R., Pezeshki-Rad, Gh., & Sadighi, H. (2018). Application of Grounded Theory in Sustainable Environmental Behaviors of Farmers: an Exploratory Analyses. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 48(4), 597-609. (In Farsi).
43. Neal, D.T., Wood, W., Labrecque, J.S., & Lally, Ph. (2012). How do habits guide behavior? Perceived and actual triggers of habits in daily life. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 48, 492-498.
44. Nosuhian, M.M. (2008). The role of mutual trust between government and people in the process of political development. Strategic Quarterly, 14, 165-180. (In Farsi).
45. Panahi, F., Malek Mohammadi, I., & Chizari, M. (2013). The Barriers to Optimal Management of Water Resources in Iran’s Agricultural System. Journal of Village and Development, 15(4), 23-41. (In Farsi).
46. Rafeefar, J., Daneshmehr, H., & Ahmadrash, R. (2012). Theory and method in research of Indigenous knowledge and its role in the process of rural sustainable development. Journal of Community Development (Rural and Urban Communities), 4(1), 19-38. (In Farsi).
47. Rahimifayzabad, F., Yazdanpanah, M., Forouzani, M., & Mohammad Zadeh, S. (2016). Determining the Factors Affecting Farmers Water Conservation Behavior in Selsele Township: Application of the Norm Activation Model. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 47(2), 379-390. (In Farsi).
48. Reed, M.S. (2008). Stakeholder participation for environmental management: A literature review. Biological Conservation, 141, 2417–2431.
49. Rockstroem, J., Falkenmark, M., Karlberg, L., Hoff, H., Rost, S., & Gerten, D. (2009). Future water availability for global food production: the potential of green water for increasing resilience to global change. Water Resources research, 45(12), 1-16.
50. Russo, T., Alfredo, K., & Fisher, J. (2014). Sustainable water management in urban, agricultural, and natural systems. Water, 6, 3934-3956.
51. Sattari, M.T. (2018). Water crisis in Iran, threats and approaches. The first meeting of water and environmental science specialists. 1 March 2018: Ministry of Energy. (In Farsi).
52. Smith, H.M., Brouwer, S., Jeffrey, P., & Frijns, J. (2018). Public responses to water reuse–Understanding the evidence. Journal of Environmental Management, 207, 43–50.
53. Stern, P.C. (2000). New environmental theories: Toward a coherent theory of environmentally significant behavior. Journal of Social Issues, 56, 407–424.
54. Stokes, L.C., Mildenberger, M., Savan, B., & Kolenda, B. (2012). Analyzing barriers to energy conservation in residences and offices: The Rewire program at the University of Toronto. Applied Environmental Education & Communication, 11, 88–98.
55. Straus, A., & Corbin, J. (2008), Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory, Third Edition, Los Angeles: Sage Publications.
56. Syme, G.J., Shao, Q., Po, M., & Campbell, E. (2004). Predicting and understanding home garden water use. Landsc. Urban Plan, 68, 121–128.
57. Tajeri moghadam, M., Raheli, H., Zariffian, Sh., & Yazdanpanah, M. (2018a). Application of Cultural Theory in Analysis of Farmers’ Water Conservation Behavior in Neyshabur Plain. Iranian Agricultural Extension and Education, 14(1), 113-129. (In Farsi).
58. Tajeri moghadam, M., Raheli, H., Zariffian, Sh., & Yazdanpanah, M. (2018b). Predicting Wheat Farmers’ Behavior in Neyshabur Plain and Determination of Factors Affecting on Them in Relation to Water Resources Conservation. Journal of Agricultural Science and Sustainable Production, 28(2), 199-215. (In Farsi).
59. Tajeri Moghadam, M., Raheli, H., Zariffian, Sh., & Yazdanpanah, M. (2020). The power of the health belief model (HBM) to predict water demand management: A case study of farmers’ water con-servation in Iran. Journal of Environmental Management, 263, 110388.
60. Valizadeh, N., Bijani, M., Hayati, D., & Fallah Haghighi, N. (2019). Social-Cognitive Conceptualization of Iranian Farmers’ Water Conservation Behavior. Hydrogeology Journal, 1-12.
61. Ward, F.A., Michelsen, A.M., & DeMouche, L. (2007). Barriers to Water Conservation in the Rio Grande Basin, Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA), 43(1), 237-253.
62. WWAP (United Nations World Water Assessment Program). (2015). The United Nations world water development report 2015: Water for a Sustainable World. Paris, UNESCO.
63. Yaghoubi, J. (2009). Investigating Barriers to Local Farmers' Participation in Irrigation Network Management. 2nd Irrigation and Drainage Network Management National Conference. 20 January 2009, Ahvaz. (In Farsi).
64. Yaghoubi, J., & Najafloo, P. (2016). Factor analysis of barriers to respect the environmental behavior by citizens (case study: Zanjan). Journal of Natural environment, 69(2), 565-579. (In Farsi).
65. Yazdanpanah, M. Monfared, N. & Hochrainer-Stigler, S. (2013). Inter-related effects due to droughts for rural populations: A qualitative field study for farmers in Iran. International. Journal of mass emergencies and disasters (IJMED), 31(2), 106–129.
66. Yazdanpanah, M., Feyzabad, F.R., Forouzani, M., Mohammadzadeh, S. & Burton, R.J. (2015). Predicting farmers’ water conservation goals and behavior in Iran: A test of social cognitive theory. Land Use Policy, 47, 401-407.
67. Yazdanpanah, M., Hayati, D., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., & Zamani, G.H. (2014). Understanding farmers' intention and behavior regarding water conservation in the Middle-East and North Africa: A case study in Iran. Journal of Environmental Management, 135, 63-72.