10. Boozar, M., Yazdanpanajh, M., & Abdeshahi, A. (2019). Response to water crisis: How do Iranian farmers think about and intent in relation to switching from rice to less water-dependent crops? Journal of Hydrology, 570: 523-530.
11. Bortels, L., Chan, J. C.W., Merken, R., & Koedam, N. (2011). Long-term monitoring of wetlands along the Western-Greek Bird Migration Route using Landsat and ASTER satellite images: Amvrakikos Gulf (Greece). Journal for Nature Conservation, 19(4): 215-223.
12. Conner, M., & Armitage, C.J. (1998). Extending the theory of planned behavior: A review and avenues for further research. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 28(15): 1429-1464.
13. Corral-Verdugo, V., Carrus, G., Bonnes, M., Moser, G., & Sinha, J.B.P. (2008). Environmental beliefs and endorsement of sustainable development principles in water conservation: Toward a new human interdependence paradigm scale. Environment & Behaviour, 40(5): 703-725.
14. du Plessis, A. (2019). Current and future water scarcity and stress. In: Water as an Inescapable Risk, Springer Water, Springer, Cham (pp. 13-25).
15. Ellert, B., Makonin S., & Popowich F. (2016). Appliance water disaggregation via non-intrusive load monitoring (NILM). In: Leon-Garcia A. et al. (eds) Smart City 360°. Smart City 360 2016, Smart City 360 2015. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, Vol. 166, pp. 455-467.
16. Francis, J., Eccles, M.P., Johnston, M., Walker, A.E., Grimshaw, J.M., Foy, R., Kaner, E.F.S., Smith, L., & Bonetti, D. (2004). Constructing questionnaires based on the theory of planned behavior: A manual for health services researchers. Centre for Health Services Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
17. Fu, Y. (2018). Understanding and modelling of residential water behavior. PhD Thesis, Staffordshire University.
18. Godin, G., Conner, M., & Sheeran, P. (2005). Bridging the intention–behavior ‘gap’: The role of moral norm. British Journal of Social Psychology, 44 (4): 497-512.
19. Guppy, L., & Anderson, K., (2017). Global water crisis: The facts. Research Report, United Nations University, Institute for Water, Environment and Health, Hamilton, Canada.
20. Hair, J., Black, C., Babin, J. & Anderson, E. (2010). Multivariate data analysis. Prentice Hall Publisher, USA.
21. Han, H., & Hyun, S.S. (2017). Drivers of customer decision to visit an environmentally responsible museum: Merging the theory of planned behavior and norm activation theory. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 34: 1155-168.
22. Han, H., Hsu, L.T., & Lee, J.S. (2009). Empirical investigation of the roles of attitudes toward green behaviors, overall image, gender, and age in hotel customers' eco-friendly decision-making process. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28: 519-528.
23. Hasbullah, N., Mahajar, A.J., & Salleh, M.I. (2014). Extending the theory of planned behavior: Evidence of the arguments of its sufficiency. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 4(14): 101-105.
24. Joz Ghasemi, A. (2017). Zanjan is facing water stress. Available at: https://jamejamonline.ir/fa/news/ 1095813 (In Farsi)
25. Kaiser, F.G. (2006). A moral extension of the theory of planned behavior: Norms and anticipated feelings of regret in conservationism. Personality and Individual Differences, 41: 71-81.
26. Kaiser, F.G., Ranney, M., Hartig, T., & Bowler, P.A. (1999). Ecological behavior, environmental attitude, and feelings of responsibility for the environment. European Psychologist, 4: 59-74.
27. Kallgren, C.A., Reno, R.R., & Cialdini, R.B. (2000). A focus theory of normative conduct: When norms do and do not affect behavior. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 26: 328-338.
28. Khosravipour, B., Zanganeh, M., & Khodamoradpour, M. (2018). Water crisis and drought (Challenges and solutions). Journal of Research in Arts and Humanities, 4(12): 79-91. (In Farsi)
29. Klockner, C.A., Nayum, A., & Mehmetoglu, M. (2013). Positive and negative spillover effects from electric car purchase to car use. Journal of Transportation Research, 21(4): 32-38.
30. Lam, S.P. (2006). Predicting intention to save water: Theory of planned behaver, response efficacy, vulnerability, and perceived efficiency of alternative solutions. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 36(11): 2803-2824
31. Mancha, R.M., & Yoder, C.Y. (2015). Cultural antecedents of green behavioral intent: An environmental theory of planned behavior. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 43: 145-154.
32. Mennatizadeh, M., & Zamani, G. (2018). The causal analysis of farmers’ water protective behaviors (Case study: Khorramabad County). Iran- Water Resources Research, 14(3): 80-91. (In Farsi)
33. Mohammadi, M.J., Amin, M.M., Moatarian, A. & Heydarmah, F. (2007). Investigating the importance of water from the perspective of the Holy Quran. Human and Environment, 2(13): 72-79. (In Farsi).
34. Mokhtari, A. (2020). Designing a model for applying the low-pressure irrigation technology among farmers in East Azerbaijan Province. PhD Thesis, University of Zanjan.
35. Mullan, B., Allom, V., Sainsbury, K., & Monds, L.A. (2015). Examining the predictive utility of an extended theory of planned behavior model in the context of specific individual safe food-handling. Appetite, 90: 91-98.
36. Nori, H., Jamshidi, A., Jamshidi, M., Hedayati Moghadam, Z., & Fathi, E. (2014). Analysis of cultural and social factors influencing farmers' attitudes towards water management (Case study: Shirvan and Chardavol County). Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development, 44(4): 645-655. (In Farsi)
37. OECD (2001). Glossary of statistical terms: Water conservation. Available at: https://stats.oecd.org/glossary /detail.asp?ID=2903
38. Ogunbode, C.A., & Arnold, C. (2012). A study of environmental awareness and attitudes in Ibadan, Nigeria. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 18:669-684
39. Onwezen, M.C., Antonides, G., & Bartels, J. (2013). The norm activation model: An exploration of the functions of anticipated pride and guilt in pro-environmental behavior. Journal of Economic Psychology, 39: 141-153.
40. Pahlawan Sharif, S., & Mahdavian, V. (2015). Structural equation modeling with AMOS. Tehran, Bisheh Publications. (In Farsi)
41. Parker, D., Manstead, A.S.R., & Stradling, S.G. (1995). Extending the theory of planned behavior: The role of personal norm. British Journal of Social Psychology, 34: 127-137.
42. Pilling, V.K., Brannon, L.A., Shanklin, C.W., Howells, A.D., & Roberts, K.R. (2008). Identifying specific beliefs to target to improve restaurant employees' intentions for performing three important food safety behaviors. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 108(6): 991-997.
43. Pino, G., Toma, P., Rizzo, C., Miglietta, P.P., Peluso, A.M., & Guido, G. (2017). Determinants of farmers’ intention to adopt water saving measures: Evidence from Italy. Sustainability, 9: 77-83.
44. Rahimi Faizabad, F., Yazdanpanah, M., Forouzani, M., Mohammad Zadeh, S., & Burton, R. (2017). Explanation of farmers' water conservation behaviors using extended planned behavior theory: The case of farmers in Aleshtar County. Iranian Agricultural Extension and Education Journal, 12(2): 1-17. (In Farsi)
45. Rahimi Faizabad, F., Yazdanpanah, M., Frouzani, M., & Mohammad Zadeh, S. (2016). Determining the factors affecting farmers water conservation behavior in Selsele Township: Application of the norm activation model. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development, 47(2): 379-390. (In Farsi)
46. Rezaei, R., Mianaji, S. & Ganjloo, A. (2018). Factors affecting farmers' intention to engage in on-farm food safety practices in Iran: Extending the theory of planned behavior. Journal of Rural Studies, 60: 152-166.
47. Rezapour, Y. (2018). Five plains of Zanjan Province in a critical situation. Available at: https://www. iribnews.ir /fa/news/2120675 (In Farsi)
48. Sabouri, M.S., & Nouri Emamzadeh, A. (2015). Analyzing of extension factors role affecting the adoption of water conservation Technologies in Semnan. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development, 46(3): 633-644. (In Farsi)
49. Sanchez, C.R. (2016). Analyzing barriers to water conservation behavior: Implications for social marketing. PhD Thesis, University of Miguel Hernandez.
50. Schwartz, S.H. (1977). Normative influences on altruism. Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, 10: 221-279.
51. Shin, Y., & Hancer, M. (2016). The role of attitude, subjective norm, perceived behavioral control, and moral norm in the intention to purchase local food products. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 19(4): 338-351.
52. Tajeri Moghadam, M., Raheli, H., Zariffian, S., & Yazdanpanah, M. (2018). Application of cultural theory in analysis of farmers’ water conservation behavior in Neyshabur Plain. Iranian Agricultural Extension and Education Journal, 14(1): 113-129. (In Farsi)
53. Valinia, S. (2020). Factors affecting the farmers’ water conservation behaviors in family farming systems of Zanjan Province. MSc Thesis, University of Zanjan. (In Farsi).
54. Valizadeh, N., & Karimi Goghari, H. (2018). Psychological and social analysis of water resources conservation: A solution to reduce vulnerability to water scarcity. Proceedings of the Second National Conference on Water and Meteorology of Iran, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, May 9, pp. 1030-1025. (In Farsi)
55. Valizadeh, N., Bijani, M., Hayati, D., & Haghighi, N.F. (2019). Social-cognitive conceptualization of Iranian farmers’ water conservation behavior. Hydrogeology Journal, 27(4): 1131-1142.
56. Valizadeh, N., Hayati, D., Rezaei-Moghaddam, K., & Karimi-Gougheri, H. (2018). Application of the planned behavior theory in ethical analysis of water conservation behavior. Bioethics Journal, 8(27): 33-48.
57. Wang, C., Zhang, J., Yu, P., & Hu, H. (2018a). The theory of planned behavior as a model for understanding tourists' responsible environmental behaviors: The moderating role of environmental interpretations. Journal of Cleaner Production, 194: 425-434.
58. Wang, Y., Yang, J., Liang, J., Qiang, Y., Fang, S., Gao, M., Fan, X., Yang, G., Zhang, B., & Feng, Y. (2018b). Analysis of the environmental behavior of farmers for non-point source pollution control and management in a water source protection area in China. Science of the Total Environment, 633: 1126-1135.
59. Xi, X., & Poh, K.L. (2013). Using system dynamics for sustainable water resources management in Singapore. Procedia Computer Science, 16:157-166.
60. Yazdanpanah, M., Hayati, D., & Zamani, G.H. (2011). Investigating agricultural professionals' intentions and behaviors towards water conservation: Using a modified theory of planned behavior. Environmental Sciences, 19(1): 1-22
61. Yazdanpanah, M., Hayati, D., Hochrainer-Stigler, S., & Zamani, G.H. (2014) Understanding farmers’ intention and behavior regarding water conservation in the Middle-East and North Africa: A case study in Iran. Journal of Environmental Management, 135: 63-72.
62. Zanjan Municipality (2014). Strategic plan for the development of agricultural sector and water of Zanjan Province. Research Report, Planning and Budget Office, Deputy of Planning, Zanjan Municipality, Zanjan. (In Farsi)
63. Zhao, A., Zhu, X., Liu, X., Pan, Y., & Zuo, D. (2016). Impacts of land use change and climate variability on green and blue water resources in the Weihe River Basin of northwest China. Catena, 137: 318-327.
64. Zhou, J. Yan, Z., & Li, K. (2016). Understanding farmer cooperatives' self-inspection behavior to guarantee Agri-product safety in China. Food Control, 59: 320-327.