Amisigo, B. A., McCluskey, A., & Swanson, R. (2015). Modeling impact of climate change on water resources and agriculture demand in the Volta Basin and other basin systems in Ghana. Sustainability, 7, 6957–6975.
Arnell, N. W., Vuuren, D. P., & Isaac, M. (2011). The implications of climate policy for the impacts of climate change on global water resources. Global Environmental Change, 21, 592-603.
Assaraf, O.B.Z., & Orion, N. (2005). Development of system thinking skills in the context of earth system education. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 42, 518-560.
Atherton, J. T. (2013). A System Dynamics Approach to Water Resources and Food Production in the Gambia (Doctoral Dissertation, the University of Western Ontario).
Awotwi, A., Kumi, M., Jansson, P. E., Yeboah, F., & Nti, I. K. (2015). Predicting hydrological response to climate change in the White Volta catchment, West Africa. Journal of Earth Science & Climatic Change, 6, 1-7.
Balali, H., & Viaggi, D. (2015). Applying a System Dynamics Approach for Modeling Groundwater Dynamics to Depletion under Different Economical and Climate Change Scenarios. Water, 7, 5258-5271.
Bharati, L., Rodgers, C., Erdenberger, T., Plotnikova, M., Shumilov, S., Vlek, P., & Martin, N. (2008). Integration of economic and hydrologic models: Exploring conjunctive irrigation water use strategies in the Volta Basin. Agricultural Water Management, 95, 925-936.
Clifford Holmes, J. K., Slinger, J. H., Musango, J. K., Brent, A. C., & Palmer, C. G. (2014). Using system dynamics to explore the water supply and demand dilemmas of a small South African municipality. International Conference of the System Dynamics Society (pp. 1-21). System Dynamics Society.
Doll, P. (2002). Impact of Climate Change and Variability on Irrigation Requirements: a Global Perspective. Climatic Change, 54, 269-293.
10. FAO. (2011). Climate Change, Water and Food Security. FAO Water Report, Food and Agricultural Organization. Rome, Italy.
11. Fisher, G., Tubiello, F., van Velthuizen, H., & Wiberg, D. (2006). Climate change impacts on irrigation water requirements: Effects of mitigation, 1990–2080. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 74, 1083–1107.
12. Ford, F. A. (1999). Modeling the environment: an introduction to system dynamics models of environmental systems. Island Press.
13. Forrester, J. W. (1961). Industrial dynamics. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 48, 1037-1041.
14. Forrester, J.W. (1994). System dynamics, systems thinking, and soft OR. System Dynamics Review, 10, 245-256.
15. Gohari, A., Mirchi, A., & Madani, K. (2017). System Dynamics Evaluation of Climate Change Adaptation Strategies for Water Resources Management in Central Iran. Water Resources Management, 31, 1413-1434.
16. Hashimoto, T., Stedinger, J. R., and Loucks, D. P. (1982). “Reliability, resiliency and vulnerability criteria for water resource system performance evaluation.” Water Resour. Res., 18(1), 14–20.
17. Hassanzadeh, E., Elshorbagy, A., Wheater, H., & Gober, P. (2014). Managing water in complex systems: An integrated water resources model for Saskatchewan, Canada. Environmental Modelling & Software, 58, 12-26.
18. Hjorth, P., & Bagheri, A. (2006). Navigating towards sustainable development: a system dynamics approach. Futures, 38, 74–92.
19. Kotir, J. H., Smith, C., Brown, G., Marshall, N., & Johnstone, R. (2016). A system dynamics simulation model for sustainable water resources management and agricultural development in the Volta River Basin, Ghana. Science of the Total Environment, 573, 444-457.
20. Langsdale, S., Beall, A., Carmichael, J., Cohen, S., & Forster, C. (2007). An exploration of water resources futures under climate change using system dynamics modeling. Integrated Assessment, 7, 1-17.
21. Loucks, D. P. (1997). “Quantifying trends in system sustainability.” Hydrol.Sci. J., 42(4), 513–530.
22. Madani, K. (2010). Towards sustainable watershed management: Using system dynamics for integrated water resources planning. VDM Publishing.
23. Madani, K., & Mariño, M. A. (2009). System dynamics analysis for managing Iran’s Zayandeh-Rud river basin. Water Resources Management, 23, 2163-2187.
24. McCartney, M., Forkuor, G., Sood, A., Amisigo, B., Hattermann, F., & Muthuwatta, L. (2012). The water resource implications of changing climate in the Volta River Basin (Vol. 146). IWMI.
25. McMahon, T. A., Adeloye, A. J., and Sen-Lin, Z. (2006). “Understanding performance measures of reservoirs.” J. Hydrol. (Amsterdam), 324 (2006) 359–382.
26. Meadows, D. H., Meadows, D. L., Randers, J., & Behrens, W. (1972). The limits to growth Universe Books. New York.
27. Mirchi, A., Watkins Jr, D., & Madani, K. (2010). Modeling for watershed planning, management, and decision making. Watersheds: Management, restoration and environmental impact (pp. 1-25). Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
28. Richmond, B. (1993). Systems thinking: critical thinking skills for the 1990s and beyond. System Dynamic Review, 9, 113–133.
29. Sandoval-Solis, S., McKinney, D. C., & Loucks, D. P. (2010). Sustainability index for water resources planning and management. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 137(5), 381-390.
30. Simonovic, S. P. (2012). Managing water resources: methods and tools for a systems approach. Routledge.
31. Simonovic, S. P., & Fahmy, H. (1999). A new modeling approach for water resources policy analysis. Water Resources Research, 35,295–304.
32. Sterman, J. D. (2000). System dynamics modeling: tools for learning in a complex world. California Management Review, 43, 8-25.
33. Sušnik, J., Vamvakeridou-Lyroudia, L. S., Savić, D. A., & Kapelan, Z. (2012). Integrated System Dynamics Modelling for water scarcity assessment: Case study of the Kairouan region. Science of the Total Environment, 440, 290-306.
34. Varian, H. R. (1996). Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach, WW Norton&Company. New York.
35. Wu, G., Li, L., Ahmad, S., Chen, X., & Pan, X. (2013). A dynamic model for vulnerability assessment of regional water resources in arid areas: a case study of Bayingolin, China. Water Resources Management, 27, 3085-3101.
36. Yang, C. C., Chang, L. C., & Ho, C. C. (2008). Application of system dynamics with impact analysis to solve the problem of water shortages in Taiwan. Water Resources Management, 22, 1561-1577.
Zhuang, Y. (2014). A system dynamics approach to integrated water and energy resources management