Abotaleb, B. A. Y., & Heshmati, H. (2016). Factors Associated with Pesticide Use Behaviors among Farmworkers Based On Health Belief Model. Iranian Journal of Public Health, 45(2), 276-277.
Adeola, R. G. (2012). Perceptions of Environmental Effects of Pesticides Use in Vegetable Production by Farmers in Ogbomosho, Nigeria, Global Journal of Science Frontier Research Agriculture & Biology, 12 (14), 73-78.
Arcury, T. A., Quandt, S. A., & Russell, G. B. (2002). Pesticide safety among farmworkers: perceived risk and perceived control as factors reflecting environmental justice. Environmental Health Perspectives, 110(Suppl 2), 233.
Avory, G. and Coggon, D. (1994), Determinants of safe behaviour in farmers when working with pesticides. Occupational Medicine, 44, 236-238.
Carvalho, F.P. (2006). Agriculture, pesticides, food security and food safety. Environment Science & Policy. 9, 685-692.
Coppens, M. (2016). Understanding limited glove use among pesticide applicators: a qualitative study on Java Island, Indonesia, Knowledge, Technology and Innovation Wageningen University, 1-54.
Damalas, C., & Eleftherohorinos, I. (2011). Pesticide exposure, safety issues, and risk assessment indicators, International Journal of Environment Research. 1402-1419.
Damalas, C.A., Koutroubas, S.D. (2015). Farmers’ Exposure to Pesticides: Toxicity Types and Ways of Prevention, Toxics, 4(1): 1-10.
Dayton, S., Sandler, D., Blair, A., Alavanja, M., Beane, L., & Hoppin, J. (2010). Pesticide Use and Myocardial Infarction Incidence among farm women in the agricultural health study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 52(7), 693–697.
10. Duncan B, Hart G, Scoular A, Bigrigg A. (2001). Qualitative analysis of psychosocial impact of diagnosis of Chlamydia trachomatis: implications for screening. BMJ, 322, 195-9.
11. Fantke, P., Friedrich, R., & Jolliet, O. (2012). Health impact and damage cost assessment of pesticides in Europe. Environment International. 49, 9-17.
12. Glanz, K., Rimer, B.K., & Lewis F.M., (2002). Health Behavior and Health Education. Theory, Research and Practice. San Francisco: Wiley & Sons.
13. Hashemi, S., Rostami, R., Hashemi, M., & Damalas, C. (2012). Pesticide use and risk perceptions among farmers in Southwest Iran. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, 18, 456-470.
14. Heong, K. L., & Escalada, M. M. (1999). Quantifying rice farmers’ pest management decisions: beliefs and subjective norms in stem borer control. Crop Protection, 18(5), 315-322.
15. Hicks, B. (2013). Agricultural pesticides and human health. In: National Association of Geoscience Teachers. Available from http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/health/case_studies/pesticides.html . Accessed Jan 13, 2014
16. Hjelm, K., Nyberg, P., & Apelquist, J. (2002). Gender influences beliefs about health and illness in diabetic subjects with severe foot lesions. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal (AENJ), 40(6), 663–72.
17. Isin, S., & Yildirim, I. (2007). Fruit-growers’ Perceptions on the Harmful Effects of Pesticides and their Reflection Practices: The Case of Kemalpasa, Turkey. Crop Protection, 26, 917-922.
18. Khan, M. (2010). Using the health belief model to understand pesticide use decisions. The Pakistan Development Review, 941-956.
19. Khan, M., Damalas, C. (2015). Farmers' willingness to pay for less health risks by pesticide use: A case study from the cotton belt of Punjab, Pakistan, Journal of Science of the Total Environment, 530, 297-303.
20. Lah, K. (2011). Effects of pesticides on human health. In: Toxipedia
. Available from http://ww.toxipedia
. org/display/ toxipedia/ effects +of+ pesticides +on +human +Health. Accessed Han 16. 2014.
21. Lekei, E., Ngowi, A., & London, L. (2014). Farmers knowledge, practices and injuries associated with pesticide espouser in rural farming villages in Tanzania. BMC public Health, 14, 389 p.
22. Macfarlane, E., Chapman, A., Benke, G., Meaklim, J., Sim, M. and Mcneil, J. (2008) Training and other predictors of personal protective equipment use in Australian grain farmers using pesticides. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 65, 141-146.
23. Maroni, M., Fanetti, A.C., Metruccio, F. (2006). Risk assessment and management of occupational exposure to pesticides in agriculture. Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, 97, 430–437. [PubMed]
24. Matthews, G.A. (2008) Attitudes and behaviours regarding use of crop protection products - A survey of more than 8500 smallholders in 26 countries. Crop Protection, 27, 834-846.
25. Mosayei, M., Zamani, F., Khazaii, M.R. (2011). The effect of education based on a health belief model on Giardia lamblia preventive behaviors of primary school students in Arak, Arak Medical University Journal, 14 (56), 64-72. (In Farsi).
26. Mustapha F.A. Jallow, Dawood G. Awadh, Mohammed S. Albaho, Vimala Y. Devi and Binson M. Thomas, Pesticide Knowledge and Safety Practices among Farm Workers in Kuwait: Results of a Survey, Intenational Journal of Environmental Research in Public Health, 14 (340), 1-15.
27. Perry, M.J., Marbella, A., Layde, P.M. (1999). Association of Pesticide Safety Beliefs and Intentions with Behaviors among Farm Pesticide Applicators, American journal of health promotion: AJHP, 14 (1), 1-21.
28. Raksanam, B., Taneepanichskul, S., Robson, M. G., & Siriwong, W. (2014). Health Risk Behaviors Associated with Agrochemical Exposure Among Rice Farmers in a Rural Community, Thailand A Community-Based Ethnography. Asia-Pacific journal of public health, 26(6), 588595.
29. Raksanam, B., Taneepanichskul, S., Siriwong, W., Robson, M. (2012). Factors Associated with Pesticide Risk Behaviors among Rice Farmers in Rural Community, Thailand, Journal of Environment and Earth Science, 2(2), 32-39.
30. Sekiyama, M., Tanaka, M., Gunawan, B., Abdoellah, O., & Watanabe, C. (2007). Pesticide Usage and Its Association with Health Symptoms among Farmers in Rural Villages in West Java, Indonesia. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 14(1), 23–33.
31. Sharma, D., Thapa, R. Manadhar, H., Shrestha, S., & Pradhan, S. (2012). Use of pesticides in Nepal and impacts on human health and environment. Journal of Agriculture Environment, 13, 67-72.
32. Safari, M., Shojaei Zadeh, D., Ghofranipour, F., Heydarnia, A., Pakpur, A. (2009). Theories, models and methods of health education and health promotion. Tehran: Asaresobhan. 2009:64-75.
33. Stadlinger, N., Mmochi, A., & Dobo, s. (2011). Pesticide use among smallholder rice farmers in Tanzania, Environment, Development and Sustainability, 13 (3), 641-656.
34. Suklim, N., Raksanam, B., Songthap, A. (2014). Risk behaviors related agrochemical use among rubber farmers in Southern of Thailand, European Journal of Research on Education, 2(2), 109-115.
35. Tilman, D., Gassman, K., Matson, P., Naylor, R., & Polasky, S. (2002). Agricultural sustainability and intensive production practices. Journal of Nature, 418, 67-671.
36. Tonya, S.J., Wogalter, M.S., Quintela, Y. (2010). Safety Climate and Pesticide Risk Communication Disparities in Crop Production by Ethnicity, Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing & Service Industries, 20 (6), 511–525.
37. Ghasemi, V. (2010). Basic Guide to structural equation modeling, publishing of sociologists, Tehran.
38. Waichman, A.V., Eve, E. and Nina, N.C.D. (2007). Do farmers understand the information displayed on pesticide product labels? A key question to reduce pesticides exposure and risk of poisoning in the Brazilian Amazon. Crop Protection, 26, 576-583.
39. White, M.P., Riazi A, Eiser C, Hammersley S, Eiser JR, MacLeod K, et al. (2002). Interpreting the risks of diabetic renal disease: perspectives of those most at risk. Psychology Health, 17, 33-50.
40. Yang, X.M., Wang, F., Meng, L., Zhang, W., Fan, L., Geissen, V., & Ritsema, C. (2014). Farmer and retailer knowledge and awareness of the risks from pesticides use: a case study in the Wei river catchment, China, Science of the Total Environment, 497,172-179.
41. Yassi, Y.A., Kjellstrom, T., Kok, T.K., & Gudotli, T.L. (2001). Basic Environmental Health, World Organization, Oxford University Press, 5,135-141.
42. Zhang, X.J., Zhao, W., Jing, R., Wheeler, K., Smith, G., Stallones, L., & Xiang, H. (2011). Work - related pesticide poisoning among farmers in two villages of southern China: a cross-sectional survey. BMC public Health, 11, 429.
Stretcher, V. and Rosenstock, I.M. (1997). The Health Belief Model. In Glanz, K., Lewis, F.M. and Rimer, B.K., (Eds.). Health Behaviour and Health Education: Theory, Research and Practice. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.